Storm Agnes - why drones are helpful in the aftermath of a storm.
Updated: Sep 29
Drones can be invaluable resources in the aftermath of a storm like Storm Agnes we have in Ireland this week. Here are five advantages of using drones for post-storm assessment and recovery efforts:
1. Rapid Aerial Surveys: Drones can quickly fly over affected areas, providing real-time aerial views of the damage. This allows for faster and more efficient assessment of the extent of destruction.
2. Safety: Drones eliminate the need for personnel to physically inspect hazardous or hard-to-reach areas. This enhances safety by reducing the risk to rescue and recovery teams.
3. Cost-Effective: Using drones is often more cost-effective than traditional methods like helicopters or manned aircraft for aerial surveys and monitoring, especially in the long term.
4. Detailed Imagery: High-resolution cameras on drones capture detailed imagery, which aids in assessing structural damage, identifying blockages in roads, and locating those in need of assistance.
5. Real-Time Data: Drones can transmit data in real time, enabling authorities to make informed decisions quickly. This can be critical for coordinating emergency response efforts effectively.
Overall, drones are a valuable resource for post-storm operations, offering speed, safety and cost-efficiency.
Contact us today!